You can setup a tracker and know every thing about your search engine performance like Searched performed in your search engine or from which country you get most visits or...
The system uses google analytics to track all this information.
You can setup a tracker by following the instructions bellow:
Configuring Analytics Embed API
- Go to console.cloud.google.com
- Create a new project if doesn't exist.
- From the left menu choose "API & Services".
- Then choose "Credentials".
- Click on "Create Credentials".
- Choose "service account".
- Enter any "Service account details".
- Click on "Continue" & "Done".
- Click on the created service under "Service Accounts" section.
- The click on "Add Key".
- Then choose "Create new Key"
- Choose "Json"
- And click on create.
- A file will be generated and downloaded to your device.
- Rename file to "service-account.json".
Then go to your host provider file manager and Upload the "service-account.json" file to the path application/database/google/
Enabling Google Analytics Embed API
- In console.cloud.google.com
- In the same project created above.
- In the navigation menu on the left side, click on "API & Services" (dashboard).
- Find and click on "Enable APIS AND SERVICES"
- Search for "Google Analytics API" and click on it.
- Then click on Enable.
Creating google analytics property:
- Follow those instructions by google https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042508?hl=en
- Then go to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to "Admin".
- Choose the property created already.
- Click on "Property settings"
- You will find "Tracking Id". Save it to use it later.
- Return back and click on "View settings".
- You will find "View ID". Save it to use it later.
- Find "View user management" and click on it.
- Click on add new.
- And add your "service account" email which you can find it on your "service-account.json"
Entering IDs in your ASE Lite admin panel.
- Login to your search engine admin panel.
- Go to "settings" in left menu.
- Click on "Tracking settings".
- Enable tracking & analytics.
- Paste your "Tracking Id" in "Google Analytics tracking ID".
- And paste your "View ID" in "Google Analytics View ID".
Now your search engine have a tracker and you can see all what happen in your search engine.
Not familiar with all of those configs. Or can't do it, We can help you and do all that for you for free. Just contact us.