You can set up a tracker and know everything about your search engine performance like Searched performed in your search engine or from which country you get most visits or...
The system uses google analytics to track all this information.
You can set up a tracker by following the instructions below:
Configuring Analytics Embed API
- Go to console.cloud.google.com
- Create a new project if doesn't exist.
- From the left menu choose "API & Services".
- Then choose "Credentials".
- Click on "Create Credentials".
- Choose the "service account".
- Enter any "Service account details".
- Click on "Continue" & "Done".
- Click on the created service under the "Service Accounts" section.
- Then click on "Add Key".
- Then choose "Create new Key"
- Choose "JSON"
- And click on create.
- A file will be generated and downloaded to your device.
- Rename the file to "service-account.json".
Then go to your host provider file manager and Upload the "service-account.json" file to the path application/database/google/
Enabling Google Analytics Embed API
- In console.cloud.google.com
- In the same project created above.
- In the navigation menu on the left side, click on "API & Services" (dashboard).
- Find and click on "Enable APIS AND SERVICES"
- Search for "Google Analytics API" and click on it.
- Then click on Enable.
Creating a google analytics property:
- Follow those instructions by google https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042508?hl=en
- Then go to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to "Admin".
- Create new property.
- In the "Property setup" section, click on "Show advanced options"
- Then check the "Create a Universal Analytics property"
- Then choose "Create a Universal Analytics property only"
- Then continue creating as usual.
- When you complete go to the property.
- Click on "Property Settings"
- You will find "Tracking Id". Save it to use it later.
- Return back and click on "View settings".
- You will find "View ID". Save it to use it later.
- Scroll down find "Site Search Settings".
- Switch "Site search Tracking" On.
- And enter the value "q" to the "Query parameter" field.
- Find "View user management" and click on it.
- Click on add new.
- And add your "service account" email which you can find it on your "service-account.json"
Entering IDs in your ASE Lite admin panel.
- Login to your search engine admin panel.
- Go to "settings" in left menu.
- Click on "Tracking settings".
- Enable tracking & analytics.
- Paste your "Tracking Id" in "Google Analytics tracking ID".
- And paste your "View ID" in "Google Analytics View ID".
Now your search engine has a tracker and you can see all that happens in your search engine.
Not familiar with all of those configs. Or can't do it, We can help you and do all that for you for free. Just contact us.